Monday, April 16, 2007

SecureCRT CTRL-S silent input output CTRL-Q to restore

Sometimes while using SecureCRT, I notice that I accidentally hit CTRL-S ... this *seems* to make it so securecrt does not accept any more input, and you don't see any more output for the connection. CTRL-S actually happens to be SILENCE (or similar) mode, and makes it so you don't see what you type, or the output from those commands. I googled for the problem, and found this link:

http://www.derkeiler.com/Mailing-Lists/securityfocus/security-basics/2001-12/0345.html

Basically it explains that if you press CTRL-Q, you will see your commands, and their output again. Problem solved. This one had bugged me a few times over the years, and I had just disconnected from the server, and reconnected moments later to fix the problem.